Saturday, February 9, 2019

Amy Winehouse

Hi Natty!  How are you doing, Movie Star?  I hope you are having tons of fun being you, you are MY girl.  You are beautiful, and I love you.  I don't really watch a lot of movies as people assume I do.  I just like what I like, which are the ones that I have some sort of emotional connection to.  Which is why I made you watch "Airplane 2", because that was a childhood movie.  Sorry about that.  You don't have to watch it ever again.  Nowadays there is a glut of movies available, and I don't make any effort to find the good ones.  I watch a lot of YouTube, and if Google happens to put an interesting movie in my path, I just might try to find it.  I saw a trailer for "Final Girl" last night.  That's a vehicle for your big brother, right?  I thought he didn't like to play the bad guy.  I'll try to look it up inshaAllah.  The trailer looks pretty good.

Google also pushes a lot of music my way too.  Lately there's been a lot of Amy Winehouse.  I do like her, I like her singing and her music, but I don't like her language.  She might as well be rapping, and I don't like rap.  It's not as if I didn't swear, I do: I just don't swear as a common form of expression.  And as a chick singer, I find vulgarity to be unfeminine.  That's my style, and she has her style.  I do do a cover of "Love Is A Losing Game" which is rather milquetoast lyrically compared with her other songs even though I did have to rearrange a few words, but I suppose I should find more of her stuff to sing.  I guess I need to listen to her more.  I do have another song of hers in mind.  But again, I need to rearrange the words to make it palatable for me to sing.














No comments: