Friday, January 11, 2019

ONE flea

Hi Natty!  How are you today?  I'm sure you are busy, so please eat adequately, get enough rest, and don't forget to pray.  I just finished my dinner.  It was so simple, yet so good.  Alhamdulillah.  I cubed up some eggplant, onion and a little chopped garlic then fried it all up with some salt and pepper until it became soft, then cooked some chicken breast on top of that mix which I had marinated in soy sauce.  Simplicity, Clarice.  SLUUUURRRRPPPP!!!!

Luca recently came out of heat, and she had licked down her fur until she was almost bald, it looked kind of a poodle cut.  I thought she was in heat and she does that, being that she is cooped up inside the house.  But she kept on scratching herself, up to her chin.  I didn't see any fleas, I didn't think that was the issue, I just thought that she's a nervous kitty, since she has to live with a domineering mother and such.  But last night I saw it: one tiny flea, running away from the chin area back into the dark part of her fur.  A clever one, too.  Small, yet clever.  It had obviously been there for a while, since Luca had already fashioned herself as a cat poodle.  I tried to hunt it down and catch it by smothering it in a swab of rubbing alcohol, but it was nowhere to be found.  Luca kept on jumping onto my table while I was trying to work and scratching herself in a frenzy like that Tasmanian Devil from the Bugs Bunny cartoon, and kicking my keyboard around while I was trying to type.  OK OK Luca, I'll go to the pet store and get some flea drops.  Which I did this morning.  To get rid of ONE flea.  I suppose it's good to be thorough.  At least she's stopped scratching now.










No comments: