Saturday, January 5, 2019

Grilled scad wrapped in dough

Hi Natty!  How are you?  Still not ready?  None of us are ever ready for anything, my darling.  That's why patience is such an advantage in real life.  Don't worry, OK?  Take your time, walk slower, smell the flowers or make a snow angel.  You'll do just fine inshaAllah.

Go-with-the-flow continues with grilled scad wrapped in dough.  My Mom sent me to get some tomatoes the other day, and I saw they had some beautiful fresh fish.  I had a craving for raw fish, so I bought one of the big scads.  I ate the fillet already, what I had left over today was the rest of the fish which I planned to grill.  I also had one dough ball left, so I seasoned the fish with salt, pepper, and lime leaves, rolled out the dough, wrapped the fish in it then grilled it.  I expected to burn the dough in order to fully cook the fish, what I didn't expect was that the broth generated by the fish tempered out the burned parts of the bread, and made it quite tasty.  So lunch was a success, alhamdulillah.  I don't have any snapshots, though.  It wasn't photogenic.

Gah!  I already wore this outfit!  Twice!  I must start labeling my outfits as worn, because I have many outfits that I have never worn.








No comments: