Thursday, January 24, 2019

"Cucur udang" (prawn croquettes)

Hi Natty!  What's going on today?  I'm sure you are staying busy.  Make sure you have fun  doing what you do and being a supermodel.  So thus make sure you get plenty of rest, because nothing is fun when you're exhausted.  Don't forget to pray, OK?  I love you too.  Dinner ran kind of late for me again- I had tortillas, burgers and fried onions.  Yeah I'm still sticking to budget, I have my reasons.  Lunch was pleasurable, though.  I fried up some "cucur udang" (prawn croquettes), which is a local dish, and it turned out quite well for me alhamdulillah.  I only spent RM 1.60 on the prawns, and I had a huge helping of croquettes.  This dish is generally served with a peanut sauce, but I didn't have any of that.  I recently perfected my "sambal tumis" (chillies, onions, and "belacan" (fermented shrimp) fried in oil until saturated), which makes a great all-purpose sauce.  I'm pleased I finally locked onto a recipe, this batch is hot and spicy but it doesn't hurt the tummy, and there's no heartburn either.  Success!  Alhamdulillah.  Unless of course, you eat too much.  Too much of anything is too much, and can make you sick.  Even bread.







No comments: