Wednesday, September 12, 2018

The kitchen rules the day, again

Natty honey, you look totally awesome!  Great hair.  Great dress.  Great shoes.  Yes my beautiful darling, you look absolutely fantastic.  Incidentally, it did rain here today.  Right before voice training. 

Wednesday is laundry day for me.  But the kitchen rules the day.  It began when I stuck my clothes in the washer at 8 am, my Mom bought me glutenous rice with salt fish from Embun's restaurant at the crossroads.  I'm very fond of glutenous rice with salt fish, but only with fresh tomatoes, and since I had to go downtown anyway to pick up a prayer schedule (it was the Muslim new year yesterday), I decided to go to the market and get some tomatoes.  I also bought a bunch of cilantro, and decided to make marinara sauce.  When I got home, I blended up the marinara sauce, and also the coconut meat I harvested yesterday to make curry.  They were young coconuts and I controlled the amount of water I put in the blender, so I ended up with a smooth paste.  Sweet and thick, kind of like coconut flavored yogurt, but thicker.  I made the curry in the evening, which turned out smooth and thick.  It would have been totally sweet except for the chunk of salted fish I added for flavor.  A total success.  I also had some steak defrosting, so I cubed some of that up and marinated it to be used as steak, and I also chopped some up with a sharp knife to get some minced beef for my spaghetti sauce.  I needed to make room in the freezer, so I pulled out some chicken wings and legs yesterday to defrost, and today I precooked that in BBQ sauce for BBQ sometime later.  So for lunch, I had that glutenous rice with salt fish and fresh tomatoes, and for dinner it was fry bread with my super thick generic curry.

Suddenly I have a lot of food!  Alhamdulillah.  My fridge and freezer will be full!  Today I made:
1.  Marinara sauce
2.  Curry
3.  BBQ chicken
4.  Marinated steak
plus I have that curry flavored beef from yesterday, and when I get back from the mosque later, I will have to freeze most of that curry, then make a batch of dough.  So tomorrow's menu is BBQ chicken for lunch, and spaghetti for dinner.  Would you care to join me?  It's yummy!








 


No comments: