Thursday, August 9, 2018

Sailor Moon

Hi Honey!  How are you today?  I hope you know in your heart of hearts how much I love you, and I always try to talk to you as gently and tenderly as I can.  But it's time for you to go back to the gym.  Push that body into athletic shape, and kick away the doldrums.  Tighten up those arms and shoulders, don't let them bloat.  Get yourself a bully of a personal trainer.  I mean a real brute.  Let's get strong and fit.  I spent the evening on a ladder, cutting away at one of the plants growing on the roof of my grandfather's old house.  Boy, my legs are wobbly.  But I keep on pushing these legs while I can, to give them strength.  The food business really did a number on my legs, but I can still walk.  Alhamdulillah.
Hey there, Natty honey.  You may not know this, but we (which includes you) belong to an anime "cult" (for lack of a better word), called Sailor Moon.  Sailor Moon is an anime (Japanese cartoon) which first aired in 1992, which was derived from a manga (Japanese comic) created by Naoko Takeuchi.  How we got mixed up with Sailor Moon is when I began watching it over and over again, and became an avid fan.  1997, as I recall.  That was also when the Internet really started to gain momentum.  What's most relevant to us is the first 5 seasons of the Sailor Moon anime, which is episodes 1-200.  Watching all that is a HUGE undertaking, and I am not asking you to do it.  Watch that if you want to, and I ADVISE you to watch Sailor Moon.  It is our Japanese connection.








No comments: