Monday, July 30, 2018

Shepherd's pie: the sequel

Hi Honey!  How are you feeling today?  You must be busy.  I hope everything is coming along easily for you.  I must say that I love that photo of you in the pink tank top.  I like the modest photos of you best, that really gets to my heart.  I made shepherd's pie again today, and it turned out much better than the last.  This time I used twice as many potatoes.  I boil them beforehand, then kept them in the cooler.  I had also boiled some chicken with bones to be used for fried noodles, plus for broth.  I mashed up the potatoes in the chicken broth, and it tasted awesome.  I think next time I'll boil the potatoes and the chicken at the same time.  I decided that I didn't like using frozen vegetables, so I used diced onions only as the vegetables.  I thought about using broccoli, but that didn't happen.  And I used a LOT of ground beef.  It's so much better this time, it's very filling, and no stomach problems at all.  The bottom of the pie turned out quite juicy from the broth.  I could have fixed that perhaps, if I had baked it longer, but I got hungry and ran out of time, and I wanted to get done with it and eat it so I could nap before voice training.  Great pie, though.  No need for sauce of any kind.  Want some?
OK OK Natty, I'm sorry.  Please don't be mad at me.  I promise to watch "Mamma Mia 2".  I can't do it immediately- there are no theaters around here, so I have to wait for it to be on dvd or something.  My cat Luka has been in heat recently, but it's not the same as before: she's not trying to lick her butt to death or anything like that.  She just wants to be babied, and be with me at all times.  This was a problem at 2 am, when she started screaming and crying at my bedroom door.  And it was LOUD too: she has a high voice, and when she gets passionate it's like having a high speed drill right at my ear.  A singer's cat.  Anyway, I think I understand the quaint store thing.  This next newspaper clipping is for you, Natty.  Sorry it can't be clearer, I only have a 2 megapixel camera.  Looks like the pinnacle of being a movie star is the fashion biz.  Does that also work the other way around?  There's something else...








No comments: