Sunday, February 4, 2018

Mustard greens

Erin, I can see a tan line!  Please don't get a tan.  I don't care if you spend all day everyday lying on the beach (as long as you take the time to pray), but please don't get a tan.  Please?

Anyway, there was one leafy vegetable that was all over the market yesterday, but I didn't get it: mustard greens.  Good thing I have a patch of mustard greens in my yard.  Babies, but enough to make a salad.
Today's salad is a little more balanced.  The butter lettuce didn't last until the next day.  I should have used it all up yesterday.  This time I took a snapshot of the salad mix with the dressing in.  Less food than yesterday's lunch, but still a heaping fit in a 12" bowl.  Filling, delicious, and satisfying too (if you like salads).  And oh yes, healthy.  The little flowers in the middle are turmeric flowers I got from my yard. 

Hey Natty Honey!  The next movie I want you to watch is a James Bond movie from 1974: "The Man With The Golden Gun".  This secret love thing is so intriguing, huh?  The people in the movie look like the locals here, but they are not.  Close, though.  Just right across the border, Thailand.  The aura is definitely local though.

 
 
 


No comments: