Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Top of the mountain, and the creature in the sewer

Hi Honey!  How are you feeling today?  I hope you are keeping safe, for as you know you not anonymous anymore.  In fact, you are renowned for your beauty.  You are beautiful, and I love you so much.

Yay!  I went back to the store and today they had seaweed sheets!  I had no idea they had stocked seaweed sheets since I was there yesterday- I came back to get whatever seaweed was available, and adapt to that.  But now I can make California rolls!  I went to the market very early this morning, right after the dawn prayer, about 6:30 am.  On the way there, I stopped by that new sushi restaurant.  This is a small town, but I could smell the city.  I know what the city smells like, because I used to live in the city- it's the smell of the sewer.  Note to the local authorities: control the sewer now before you build a city over it.  Anyway, I took a glimpse of the food they serve in a photo on the glass door.  Salmon?  Imported fish?  They are fools not to use local fish!  Yeah I guess some people like salmon, but local fish is fresher and superior.  I suppose I should give them the benefit of the doubt, so I'll just have to go in sometime and buy some food.  Not today though.  Instead I spent my money on fish: some cheap fish for Floofy's fish smoothies, and a huge Spanish mackerel.
What a beautiful fish.  Compare the size of the fish I bought to the cutting board, and the 2 sheets of newspaper it rests on.  Big, huh?  I've never had fresh Spanish mackerel before, but when I tasted it I knew I had stepped up on the fish hierarchy.  Have you ever had snapper before?  Spanish mackerel is like fatty snapper meat, with the texture of a firm ganache.  Oh, heavenly!  Fishmongers don't fillet fish around her, so I had to do it myself.  I'm not the best at filleting fish because I haven't had the practice- I usually can only afford small fish, and who wants to fillet that?  So there are 4 fillets to this fish- the left and right upper halves and stomach halves.  I was doing quite well, then I lost my patience in the the final fillet and therefore mangled it.  So that's what I had for lunch, mangled Spanish mackerel fillet sashimi.  Oh, heavenly!
For dinner I had sushi.  I don't use a bamboo roller, and I probably could have done a more creative arrangement, but I was hungry.  Looks good enough to me.  Want some sushi?  Yes Honey, you put the whole thing in your mouth, leaves and all.  Sorry folks, family only!

Natty,
           Love is a stranger
           Who beckons you on
           Don't think of the danger
           Or the stranger is gone
That being said, please wear a helmet when you ride your bicycle or scooter.  You are no longer anonymous either.  I told you that, remember?

Ya Allah, please protect my wives.

 
 
 
 




No comments: