Friday, November 10, 2017

Sing

Singing is not just a physical ability, but also a gift from God.  It should make sense that Janis Joplin's voice would come from a small woman from Texas, but we should also wonder why God gave the voice to Janis and not some other small woman from Texas.  Other physical conditions are like being in shape and healthy, and not making mistakes like drinking a cup of ice cold coffee right in the middle of the set (which I did today, so I had to warm up all over again: I'll have to start leaving my coffee to cool down at room temperature, if I could figure out a way so the ants don't get it).  Then there is the emotional connection- you have to mean what you say, otherwise it would sound wrong.  This is also true when reading the Qur'an: there has to be sincerity.  Therefore singing well is both skill and sincerity.  And only Allah can make the dead to speak.

I wanted to make spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, but the supermarket was out of spaghetti!  I guess the only pasta the locals understand is spaghetti.  They were also out of linguini.  I didn't want to drive all the way downtown just for spaghetti, so I made fettuccine and meatballs instead.  It was nice.  I would have rather had spaghetti, though.

Also, you may notice that I had a wardrobe meltdown right in the middle of dancing last night.  What was supposed to be a gold outfit turned out to be badly made, so I had to switch to a black skirt.  I had to change the shoes, too.  I hate having a wardrobe dilemma right when I'm trying to work.  At least I didn't have any problems changing clothes.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: