Saturday, July 15, 2017

Words

Those lyrics didn't seem quite right, don't you agree?  I'm pretty sure he said "proud man" not "bronze man".  Or was he referring to a suntanned bodybuilder or something?  Then I think he gave up on the lyrics at some point.  I remember when I was a kid, I screwed up the lyrics on David Bowie's "China Girl"....  "I stumble into town just like a sacred clown..."  And the rest of the band laughed at me.  That was my first band too.  I was fresh out of high school (no one would play with me in high school).  We didn't have a name.  I wanted to play "Karma Chameleon", but no one else did.  No one wanted to play the tune I wrote either, called "Let's Drop Dead".  Instead we played "Rio", "Nightbirds", "China Girl", and I forget what else.  Badly.  Probably only those 3 songs.  My lungs are clearing up slowly.  I still have poor control over my pitch but otherwise I feel fine.  Oh, that cough syrup makes me want to pass out.  Right now I'm watching "Wall Street".  Again.  How are you feeling, my darling?  Oh. you're so beautiful.  I love you so much.

Natty, aren't you going to share photos of your beautiful new apartment with us?  I'm getting a picture in my head of a mattress and some pillows on the floor, and nothing else.  Hey, don't copy me.  That's what I do.  Sans the mattress.  Well no, that's not exactly true.  I'm surrounded by equipment and computers, after all, I do sleep where I work.  You know something, even if I had all the money in the world, I would still keep a room like my bedroom, and sleep on the floor.  I like sleeping on the floor.

Oh, that's not it either Pina?  You're just bored?  But you get bored so easily.  Not me.  I have too much to do.  I don't get bored.

No comments: