Monday, January 23, 2017

Glasses

Aw Erin... you beautiful, beloved Sweetheart.  I love you so much.  Things will be OK inshaAllah, so I don't want you to worry so much OK?  We're all sensitive souls here.  We should call ourselves the "Heart of Glass" Society.

Yeah Natty, my glasses are old.  I got them in the USA in 2008, while I was homeless one of the guys at the mosque bought me a couple of glasses via the Sears "2 for 50 bucks" deal.  Sears?  What's that?  One pair was ladies glasses, and the doctor told me I would go blind if I wore them all the time.  So what's left are these big, goofy glasses which is held together with hair ties and steel wire.  My Mom offered to buy me a new pair of glasses, but I turned her down.  Because all glasses look the same nowadays, you know those small rectangles in front of the eyes.  I don't want to conform to that look, and the opticians around here won't make any other style.  I guess they've gotten lazy and unprofessional over the years, and don't care about people's appearances. Yeah, I know it's vain, but I'm supposed to be a rock star.  I have work to do.  I want to look like John Lennon or Daria Morgendorfer.

Floofy has a heart of glass, too.  She puked on my bed this morning, so I wouldn't let her into my bedroom during voice training.  So she crawled under the chair and stayed there all day sulking.  I suppose her puking on my bed is a not-so-subtle way to tell me to change my sheets, but it annoyed me.  Don't worry, I let her back into the bedroom already.

Pina, do you have a heart of glass?
 






No comments: