Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Letter to Erin 20160421

 In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

There there now, relax your heart and don't despair.  Learn how to waste time, don't be in a big rush like everyone else.  Eventually you will discover that they're in a big rush to catch up with you.  Get some hobbies, waste some time.  And do it without drugs and alcohol.

Yes Honey, I know that there is danger from people working above me.  It's been that way for decades already.  What's more dangerous is to let them work/walk all over me.  I need you to trust me, or better yet trust in Allah.  I keep asking you to pray, so please pray.  I need you to keep yourself safe.  Don't take any unnecessary risks.  And I need you to be loyal, if your love is true.  If you believe in our love.  I love you and I need you.

The corner grocer had some nice eggplant this morning, so I fried that up with onion to be enjoyed with a block of tofu.  Eggplant soaks up grease, then spits it out again, so controlling oil content is the trick to frying eggplant.  I wish I had marinara sauce but I was too lazy to make some, so I used ketchup instead.  I had to finish off the dough, so I made a tortilla, and enjoyed lunch with my Mom's "sambal belacan".  I was stuffed.  I think I made lunch for 4 people.  I was only able to eat 3/4 of it.  I think what was so filling was the combination of tofu and bread.  Dinner was fried stuffed won tons.  Those are so yummy.  I could eat 100 of them, but I only ate 31.



No comments: