Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Letter to Erin 20160406

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Hello, my dearest Erin.  Bulls Fever!  How's it going today?  I just had dinner.  It was awesome, alhamdulillah.  I have a lot of eggs right now, so I made a mushroom and cheese omelet, with Enoki mushrooms.  Also one of those hash brown pancakes.  I also had some baby lettuce hearts.  The combination is just great!  You must try it.  I'll make it for you someday, inshaAllah.  I love you and I need you.

I've been busy, too.  My computer has been busy, having to work 24/7.  I don't see what the rush is, but data quotas don't wait for anyone, so I have to keep an eye on my super hard working computer.  I told you before, I was walking around the neighborhood (via Google Street View) around the Hotel Cecil, now known as Stay on Main, because Elisa was on foot.  Two blocks behind is Skid Row, and two blocks in front is the Biltmore.  I saw the Last Bookstore, which just so happened to be Elisa's last bookstore.  It looks like one of those second hand bookstores that also sell used digital media, but I've seen bigger ones in Salt Lake City.  The buildings tower up to the sky, but on ground level are spaces to let.  No glitzy businesses at ground level: cheap eateries, drug stores, thrift clothing, and surprisingly an art gallery or two by the Cecil.  No rich snobs walking the streets: the highest class is the suburbia tourisma carrying shopping bags, and in all directions were the homeless, with their shopping carts and baby buggies, some sleeping on the pavement, others were sitting and waiting, waiting.  Creepers, creepers everywhere.  Why on earth would Elisa Lam want to go there?




No comments: