Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Letter to Erin 20151119

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Hi Erin!  How are you today, my beautiful beloved?  I'm doing OK over here.  It's another regular day, nothing out of the ordinary going on.  My Dad bought a new leaf blower, so I played with that for a bit.  I'll have to say that it beats using a broom.  For dinner, I made pizza.  When you make pizza at home, you have to focus on the bread first, and make sure the pizza crust is perfect and ready to eat before you add sauce and toppings.  Like buying one of those premade crusts at the supermarket.  Assuming of course, you have an ordinary oven and not the huge steel ovens with concrete slates.  My oven is quite small, and I can only make a maximum of 8" pizza.  With my home made dough, I stretch it out then crisp the bottom on the flat pan I use for tortillas.  I flip it over to cook the top, but not too much.  Now it's time for the sauce and the toppings.  I use my home made marinara sauce, which is spicy.  I'm only budgeted for sliced cheese, but I can't find the right mozzarella around here anyway, so there.  I don't have any basil to harvest either, so there.  Today's pizza is a sausage pizza.  I didn't make my usual home made halal beef sausage recipe because I had a lot of leftover "rendang" spices that my Mom made, so I mixed that into the ground beef for a lemongrass and coconut flavored sausage.  Since it's only sliced cheese, I put it on last after the sausage has cooked on the pizza, then bake the cheese just enough to melt it.  It's good pizza, especially considering the limitations.  I made a pizza for my parents, one for you, and one for me.  Oh, I ate yours.  But I do love you!  And I need you.

No comments: