Thursday, May 7, 2015

Letter to Erin 20150508

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Oh hi, Erin.  I'm just sitting here wishing we were already married.  It's not a blessing that we are not, but that is meant to be.  You have your career right now, and I have to do whatever it is I have to do.  So please be patient, and wait to when Allah gives us the big Yes.  InshaAllah.

When I woke up this morning, after falling back to sleep after the dawn prayer, after waking up earlier to conduct extra worship, I ate a mango for breakfast.  It's very close to mango season, and the first ripe ones are beginning to fall.  Then I cleaned out the cat room, then I went and cleaned up at my parents' house.  Then I watered all the baby plants.  Next I planted more mangoes, after removing the pulp and seed pods of several fruit.  At this rate, I will have hundreds of seedlings by the end of this season inshaAllah.  My first harumanis/harumanis hybrids are coming along fine, but there are only 3 of them.  So far.  I deep fried a sausage calzone for lunch, then took a nap.  After voice training, I exercised then tidied up my bedroom, and after the Asr prayer I trimmed the jackfruit tree behind my house.  I took a shower and visited my Mom at the hospital.  I had dinner at Ina's restaurant, prayed the sunset prayer, now I'm writing this love letter to you.  I love you, Erin.  And I need you.

No comments: