Saturday, December 27, 2014

Letter to Erin 20141227


In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Erin, please make a donation of a minimum of US$1 to a worthwhile charity.

Hi Erin my Sweetheart.  As you know, my mission is to stand my ground here and build a tourist attraction in the name of Allah, own the land that my little house and my grandfather's old house stand on, and build a house for you and studio for myself.  InshaAllah.

I have a problem though: I can't draw.  Well, I can't draw well.  I don't even have a vision of what kind of house would please you.  I suppose it would be a 2 level house with a master bedroom and 3 or 4 smaller bedrooms, with all the modern amenities.  What kind of house would you like?  Perhaps you would like to take up a new hobby: architecture.  Install one of those home design programs on your laptop, and build your house gradually as you travel, or relax.  The dimensions are 17 by 19.5 meters just for the house, and doesn't include the yard.  Again, that's meters.  Asia is metric.  Parking would be on the north side of the house, and the house is on the west side of the street.  And pray that Allah grants me the wealth I need to do this properly.

If you don't have anything by the time Allah grants me what I need inshaAllah, then I guess I'll have to turn to a professional architect.  We'll have to go to a pro anyway, but if you have your own vision, then I can build you the house of your dreams inshaAllah.  Please try to be modest, and not gaudy   A house where we can take root and raise a family.  There's an elementary school just a few houses away.  I'll probably be the runt of the family, but I still have a little bit of strength left.  I really like the Essex house that was on "This Old House".  Not so much the shape, but the modern amenities and the Universal design.  What do you think?  We won't have such a huge yard, but big enough inshaAllah.

Erin, you are my girl, and I want to marry you.  You are the most beautiful girl in the world.  It has become too easy to fall in love with you, so please hide your beauty and don't be complaisant in speech.  Try to stay at home if you're not working, and study the Qur'an.  I love you, and I need you.



No comments: