Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Letter to Julia 20141029


In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Ugh... I still don't feel good.  I'm so dizzy and nauseous, I have stomach cramps, and my chest is so congested it almost feels like... pneumonia.  It's going away, slowly.  InshaAllah.  I just want to lie around and watch TV.

Sorry to moan about my sickness.  I bought some assorted crabs at the night market Monday.   Crab here is frustratingly small although plentiful, but not small enough to fry whole.  So I decided to take a different approach.  Most of the meat is in the body, so I separated the bodies and put them in the cooler.  I'm thinking crab nuggets rolled in hot wing sauce.  What do you think?  Which leaves the legs and claws, so I squeezed out the meat with a rolling pin.  There's quite a lot of meat if you're patient enough to extract it.  Looks like it's stuffed won tons with crab tomorrow.  Want some?  I love you, I love you.  And I need you, I need you.

No comments: