Thursday, September 4, 2014

Letter to Julia 20140904


In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Back during the time when I had no home, I was staying at a mosque in a sort of religious exile.  One day there was a forum going on at the mosque, and one of the kids asked the teacher, "Is it true that prophet Muhammad (peace be on him) never made any mistakes?"  The teacher replied, "If he did, then Allah compensated for him."  Well, I'm definitely not a prophet, and I make mistakes all the time.  I wonder what my life would be like if I hadn't made any mistakes?  My music is full of mistakes, in fact I consider it "The music of mistakes."  So if I had had perfect conduct, I wouldn't have had any music.

I'm pleased that you have become more vigilant, after all, if you expect the treachery of humans, then no human will ever disappoint you.  What is it are you protecting?  You have God-given beauty obviously, and I pray that you are also protecting your innocence, chastity, and piety.  There's no such thing as perfect happiness in this life, but we want to try to be happy, right?  So you must be optimistic, and work for happiness.  Don't consider yourselves "the two Juliets".  Plus, there are good people out there.  Yes, they do exist.  We want to be good people, right?  Ya Allah, please help, protect, and guide us.  When we are married inshaAllah, I will help to protect you.  But Allah is the Best to Protect.  Please be grateful to Allah for guiding you to Islam.

I need to inform you that it is the death penalty to possess illegal firearms in Malaysia.  While it is possible to obtain a license here to wield a gun, you can't bring them into the country.  Meanwhile, please take good loving care of yourselves in my absence, please try to hide your beauty, and maintain your prayers.  I love you, I love you.  And I need you, I need you.

No comments: