Thursday, June 5, 2014

Letter to Julia 20140605


In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

As I had mentioned before, Floofy had a difficult beginning in life.  When I first received her, she could barely walk, she was covered in fungus and fleas, and she was missing some whiskers, eyebrows, and teeth.  Now with only one kitten still alive in her first batch of kittens, she has become extra vigilant.  She used to tolerate Chee Cheah's presence in the house without incident, but today Chee Cheah somehow got too close to Bob Cat, and Floofy turned into a tiger.  Fat, fluffy, and ferocious.  She got into a fight with Chee Cheah, and I'm the one who got nailed when I separated them.  Floofy accidentally stuck a claw deep in my right forearm while aiming for Chee Cheah.  Figures.  At least I can't blame this on the human race.  Eventually she chased Chee Cheah away to the old house at Casa de Julia inshaAllah.  I love all my kitties, so this bums me out some more over Kitten TV.  It's like arranging time between my wives and my parents, who happen to be quarreling over my children.  I pray it isn't so.

Perfection is a reward of the next life, but it's not necessary that this life is supposed to suck.  We must be grateful for the good things Allah gave to us, and the glimpses of happiness that give meaning to this life and give us anticipation for the next.  So please do not despair.  If you despair, it means you have no faith.  Again, the faithful do not despair.  Please maintain your prayers.  Always remember that I love you, I love you.  And I need you, I need you.

Little Bob Cat died at 11am Thursday morning.  From Allah is our origin, and to Allah is our return.  I buried him alongside his siblings at the banana tree in front of my front door.  I let Floofy go outside, and we'll try again for another batch of kittens.  InshaAllah.

No comments: