Saturday, March 29, 2014

Letter to Julia 20140329


In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Hello there most beautiful in the world Julia and Erin.  I love you, I love you.  I've decided that stuffing seafood with seafood doesn't work.  Because it confuses the palate.  Perhaps if it were the stuffing were the same type of meat as the thing it was stuffing, then it might be better.  I don't know.  From now on, I'm stuffing my fish with aromatic herbs and spices only.  I still have a lot of blended squid and onion left, so I made some squid balls.  Oh, you didn't know squid had balls?  Oh, ha ha.  Here the locals often cook with squid balls, fish balls, etc.  Basically like meatballs.  I made my squid balls with rice flour.  I fried them up, and they browned nicely and looked and smelled great.  Smelled like squid, but tasted like steamed rice.  Not unpalatable, but a failure.  I want my squid balls to taste like squid.  I'm haven't been fortunate with squid lately.  In my cooking, that is.

No comments: