Monday, October 28, 2013

Letter to Julia 20131029

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

This matter of how you maintain your clothes is actually a very serious one, Julia dearest.  It needs to be resolved.  The reason for this is because you are Boss Model, living a married life in the public eye.  I want you to age beautifully, and you shouldn't have to dry your expensive lingerie outside on a line.  Worst comes to worst, we'll string up a line inside the house.  But I have seen ads in the paper for electric clothes dryers, but they are not that many.  The other option is to help create a market in Asia for propane powered clothes dryers.  Propane tanks here are very common: every house has at least one, and they are at least twice the size of propane tanks in the USA and Europe.  They supply propane to gas-powered stove tops via a regulator, which creates an even flow of gas.  Now if I were to buy a gas dryer in the USA and get a plumber to hook it up to a propane tank, he would refuse.  But if I were to negotiate with Maytag or Whirlpool and/or the like to design and build a dryer that runs on propane tanks to be marketed in Asia, that would be more realistic, especially if I have money and influence.  I don't think it's too far fetched.  What do you think?  While they're at it, they might as well make a propane-powered oven.  Could be a billion dollar business!  I just want you to do your laundry in convenience.

Ah, did you enjoy those TV shows I asked you to watch, Erin dearest?  I have a feeling that we have similar tastes in TV programming.  When you join this family inshaAllah, we will be watching a lot of sports, but I think we can have 2 TVs going at the same time.  Multi-tasking couch potatoes!  Now check out the Discovery Channel's "Unsolved History: the death of Marilyn Monroe".  My theory is that Marilyn made a disgusting mess when she killed herself, and the people who loved her moved her body around in order to clean her up, so the body would be found in a more dignified state.  What do you think?

No comments: