Monday, July 22, 2013

Letter to Julia 20130723

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

The copy of the Qur'an that I have is a bilingual- in the original Arabic script, with its English translation side by side.  I also have a smaller sized Arabic Qur'an once owned by my Mom, which I use to read out loud every morning before the dawn prayer.  Right now in my smaller Qur'an, I've paused at chapter 63: The Hypocrites.

Again, how do you spot a hypocrite Muslim, Christian, or Jew, Julia?  O you sincere Muslim, inshaAllah?  They usually dress nicely, and are pleasing to the eye, so it's hard to tell when they influence our emotions so.  The Qur'an gives a formula: you can detect a hypocrite by the expression of disgust on his/her face when he/she turns away after talking to you.

No comments: