Sunday, February 24, 2013

Letter to Julia 20130225

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Hi Julia, my darling love!  How is my beautiful beloved feeling today?  I just had steak and fries for dinner.  Oh, so good!  I came across the perfect cut at the day market the other day.  Perfectly marbleized!  I mean, marbled.  It melted in my mouth like a Flake bar, and just as sweet!  I'm very fussy about my fries.  They have to be crinkle cut and perfectly fried in clean oil, and piping hot.  With lots of salt!  Want some?  I also made some simple fry sauce, out of mayo and ketchup.  We don't have Heinz and Best Foods here in Perlis, so it took me a few years to find brands that come close.  Especially with mayo.  I'm very sensitive to mayo: the wrong mayo can make me sick for days.  I've also yet to find buttermilk here in Perlis.  So much for ranch dressing!

No comments: