Friday, July 27, 2012

Letter to Julia 20120728

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Whew... it's a hot night right now, my Julia.  It's nearly 11:00pm and I still have the ac on.  Half a week ago it was raining and cold.  So how are you coping, my young love?  Something tells me you are still overworking, so please try to slow down.  But who has time especially this month, huh?  I must mop the house and scrub the bathroom again, but I'm sooo lazy.  I managed to get my yard work tasks done in flash for some reason, and I had an extra half hour left.  I spent it gaping, not knowing what to do, then I went and gossiped with my mother.

I can't remember how many wacky, I mean strange things have happened to me this month so far, but I won't list it here.  We don't want any writers to get free material when they get paid for what they do, and I don't.  I have a wife to pamper!  So I'll talk about the mundane instead.  I was cooking up some noodles at about 4am this morning, when my parents shouted for me, because they had some fried noodles.  My Mom said that I shouldn't cook, but I was already in the middle of it, and I had the same mess to clean up whether I cooked or not.  Momentum, you know?  The fire on my burner is acting freaky lately.  Sometimes it's so huge I could melt metal, but this morning I couldn't get it to go past medium low.  The fond for my noodles wasn't that great.  I have to stop using leftover curry as a base and not be so lazy, and start making curry from scratch.  The chicken was OK: it was boneless and easy to deal with, and I couldn't be bothered with peeling and deveining shrimp.  But the other noodles, the one my mother gave me, tasted better anyway.  What I would really like right now is some caramel and toffee ice cream.

No comments: