Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Letter to Julia 20111026

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

So as we wait, as we wait for Allah to bring us together, it is easy to succumb to emotions of futility, and actions of despair. But I have not given up hope of our love materializing: it even seems like I'm ready to take our love to the grave, and the next life. Patience is truly a gift from Allah. Meanwhile, it is my duty to teach you what I know about the Qur'an, and others who happen to read this my love letter to you. I pray that Allah will grant you patience and resolve, and do know that Allah is Oft-Forgiving, most Merciful. And that God's penalty will indeed be the most grievous penalty.

Materialize? That is what most people expect out of faith, in the name of "pragmatism". They won't even open their hearts to listen to anything else! If I earn heaven, then Allah will wipe out this resentment that I feel in my heart, and the fatigue as well. Resentment in general my beloved, not for you. When the angels visited Abraham, he didn't recognize them, in fact he felt fearful of them (Al-Hijr 15:52). This is where I believe that Abraham never received any visitation from angels until he was old, therefore his awareness of God was achieved by his own intelligence, at a young age too, growing up in a family of pagans at that. Which is possibly why he is the most beloved of humans to Allah. Anyway, the angels told Abraham good news that he was about to have a son. He retorted that they brought him good news that he was old, then asked them what the good news was. They replied that they had brought the truth, and told him not to despair. He said, "And who despairs of the mercy of his Lord, but such as go astray?" (Al-Hijr 15:56). Then, Abraham asked the angels what their business was. They said they have been to a people in sin (Sodom and Gomorrah), excepting the followers of Lot, for they were to be saved.

Except his wife, who they have ascertained would lag behind. Do you lag behind? You are not my wife, so now I am as yet unmarried. And it is not your fault, for when on the global stage, one can only take what God gives, as the situation is out of your reach. Right? The sickness of Sodom and Gomorrah has become widespread all over the world, so much that one in my position, this "chick singer", is out of place to have a wife.

No comments: