Monday, October 10, 2011

Letter to Julia 20111010

So, you are my mate, come and dance with me and follow my lead. As the dominoes fall, we shall see that there is no such thing as coincidence or luck, it's just that our human scope is too meager to notice the connections and nuances. Or we are simply too self-absorbed to care about anything else than "what's in it for me."

I finally got all that trash burned even though most of it was wet, there were enough dry pieces to burn up the rest. Just in time for the next storm, too: it's getting rather dark out there. I don't know if I would get a chance to blog my love for you today. I have to fry some fish for my Mom, hang up her wash, then cook my own meal. Today's menu is teriyaki beef, then I have to cook up a batch of chili. A batch of chili takes hours to brew, but I should be able to get it done while I do my vocal training and gardening in the afternoon. There's still much to do: I have to clean out all the vegetation in the path of the brick wall I plan to build. Which is not easy, because the plants here regenerate very quickly. Please forgive me for not starting on the inside yet, as it is, I'm too lazy to even keep up with myself. But insyaAllah, I'll put in a more vaunted effort once the modifications have taken place. For now, the yard looks better than the house, so the first thing to do is to paint the outside wall. No money for paint yet!

No comments: