Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Letter to Julia 20110824

Hey Julia, do you drive a car? I was taking Chee Cheah to the vet on Monday for an antifungal shot in my parents' car, and I noticed that the traffic was particularly evil that day. Vehicles were making the wrong turn signal then swerving, cars were speeding up then stopping, people were trying to cut me off when the traffic was frozen... a lot of them too, were doing the same thing over and over again! I was thinking, "They can't all be this stupid." Maybe they were too busy shopping for the Eid, and nothing else mattered? Traffic is unpredictable in general, but there were just too many morons on the road than usual that day. And it's not the same on motorcycle: I drive reeeeally slowly, and there is more room to manuever as opposed to a car. Then it occured to me: they're doing it on purpose! Somehow these idiots must think that I have a lot of money, and they were trying to make some extra cash. I hope I'm wrong about this, but if this is true, then what is happening to me must be happening to you. I hope you're not driving yourself around in a car, especially in the city. Please use a bicycle instead.

I think it was Kurt Cobain who said, "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you." Haha! Just because they have no faith, doesn't mean that God isn't going to kick their asses. Anyway, it seems that the fasting month is nearly over! The Eid (which is a public holiday here), which marks the end of Ramadan the fasting month, should fall on the 30th of August this year. Incidentally, Independence Day for Malaysia is on the 31st of August. I bring this up because I don't have an internet connection at home, and have to publish my love letter to my beloved Julia and my Qur'an blog at the internet cafe, which may or may not be open on those holidays. If I had an internet cafe, I would be open because the kids would be loaded during this Muslim holiday season. Added to the holidays issue, I am currently under a very oppressive financial situation, even 50 cents a blog is too much for me, so I have to cram the pourings of my heart to my sweetie and my Qur'an blog as compactly and conveniently as possible. If you have been reading my Qur'an blog then this is not a good thing. This time, 22 verses from the chapter titled "Jonah" is way too much, and I apologize for doing so. Julia, if you are studying the Qur'an, you must do it very slowly. But anyway, please forgive me if I fail to blog this love letter during the Eid and Independence Day holiday span. Do know that you are my girl, and I love you.

People in general find it hard to swallow my spiritual agenda, to please Allah with music. They gloat at my poverty, and plot to make me public property. But I haven't asked them for anything. My reward is due only from Allah, I submit to Allah's Will, and I am a servant of Allah.

No comments: