Friday, September 25, 2009

Qur'an 20090925

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Have you ever known someone who was so content with his material possessions, that he thought it would last forever?

Once upon a time, there were 2 farmers. For one of them, God provided 2 gardens of grapevines surrounded by date palms, and between the vineyards were cornfields. Each of those gardens was consistent in produce, and never before failed to give harvest, and within the gardens God caused a spring to flow.

Thus was the produce that this man had. He said to his companion in the course of a mutual argument, "I have more wealth than you, and more honor, power, and followers." He went into his garden in a state of elation, looked around, and said, "I don't think this will ever perish. Nor do I think that my time will ever run out. Even if I do meet God, I'm sure I will get something better."

His companion argued with him, "Do you deny God who made you out of dust, then out of sperm, then shaped you into a man? For me, God is Allah, my Lord, and I don't create equals with God. When you stepped into your garden, why didn't you say, 'The Will of Allah! There is no power except with Allah!' If you see me as inferior to you in wealth and followers, it may be that my Lord will give me something better than your garden, and that God will send thunderbolts onto your garden, and turn it into slippery sand! Or the water will sink underground, so that you will never find it!"

6:148 Those who give partners will say, "If Allah had wished, we should not have given partners to God, nor would our fathers, nor would we have had any taboos." So did their ancestors argue falsely, until they tasted of Our wrath. Say, "Have you any knowledge? If so, produce it before us. You follow nothing but conjecture, you do nothing but lie."

Have you any knowledge? If so, produce it before us. You follow nothing but conjecture, you do nothing but lie.

No comments: