Sunday, June 21, 2020

Fried rice

Hi Natty!  How are you, my love?  I hope you are healthy, and enjoying your place in life.  You are MY girl, and I love you with all of my heart.  Yes I'm running late today, I'm sorry.  I had to do yard work, then I had a late start on dinner.  Are you hungry?  I made fried rice for dinner.  Anybody can make fried rice, right?  I like to think of fried rice as the art of utilizing leftovers.  The rice has to be cold for starters, best left over in the fridge overnight.  However my Mom gave me half a head of cauliflower, so I wanted to use that quickly before it got slimy.  I usually add cauliflower/broccoli at the end, so it retains its crunch.  But the half head I got was really big, so I had to add it in earlier to soften it up.  First, you fry up some chopped garlic.  Then I added some Siamese tom yum paste (basically a spicy tamarind sauce) and sliced chicken.  You can flavor your fried rice with anything really, as long as the fried rice is light and refreshing in flavor: no heavy sauces or grease!  I added the rice next, broke it up while stirring and adding light soy sauce.  Then the cauliflower went in, chopped into its smallest possible florets.  Mix it up, then I like to sprinkle anchovy bouillon for the main flavor.  Not too much!  Light and refreshing!  When hot enough, make a crater in the middle of the rice and crack an egg in there.  Season the egg with salt or soy sauce, let it harden a little, then stir it up again.  Shut off the heat and add the last of the fresh vegetables, in my case chopped chives and hot peppers.  It's ready!  I served it in my favorite pink bowl, and sprinkled salted radish and dried fried onions on top as the final touch.













No comments: